ACPA Annual Conventions
Approximately 2,500 members and guests attend ACPA Annual Convention each year! Every Convention experience is different and each Convention Planning Team works hard to ensure a unique and personalized experience for every attendee.
Highlights of the past Conventions include:
- Distinguished Keynote speakers: Kimberly Crenshaw (2020), Franchesca Ramsey (2019), Robin DiAngelo (2018), Eboo Patel, Jose Antonio Vargas (2015), Brené Brown (2014), Melissa Harris Perry (2013), Van Jones and Lisa Ling (2012), Cory Booker and Morris Dees (2011), John Quinones (2010), Greg Mortenson and Marian Wright Edelman (2009), Nikki Giovannni and Carol Gilligan (2008)
- Over 600 educational sessions – the largest selection among all student affairs conferences
- Highly acclaimed Pre-Convention Workshops
- Important discussions and dialogues within our Caucus Groups
- Networking opportunities at Entity events, receptions and award ceremonies
- FUN social events like Cabaret, CultureFest and CelebrACPA
ACPA21 will be an experience that is:
Refreshing. We will support the community and development ACPA provides professionals and we will celebrate and uplift our members and their contributions to the world.
Revitalizing. We will offer opportunities for professionals to learn, connect, engage, and recommit ourselves to our work in higher education. We will welcome ACPA members from across the world to our largest membership state (California) and contemporary issues on campus and in the region/state.
Real. We will engage in honest, difficult, and enlightening conversations about timely topics and critical issues affecting our work, including ACPA’s Strategic Imperative for Racial Justice and Decolonization.