ACPA is the leading professional association for student affairs and higher education professionals, students, and faculty who work to boldly transform higher education. We have always allowed the future to lead us, and in turn have launched strategic plans focused on addressing the rapidly changing college environment, making justice a priority, centering the importance of development of the “total” person, nudging the profession forward with inclusive policies and leaders, and allowing our research and scholarship to shape the profession.
Learn more about what it means to be a part of ACPA by reviewing our mission, vision and values.
Individual Membership Benefits
Professional Development & Education
- Attend ACPA Professional Development events both in-person and virtually at a reduced member rate
- Gain access to job postings through our Career Central portal
- Obtain resources to make your campus more inclusive through the Strategic Imperative on Racial Justice & Decolonization
- Digital access to The Journal of College Student Development (JCSD), About Campus, Developments Magazine, and the eCommunity weekly newsletter. JCSD is considered the largest Tier 1 publication in this area and was recently ranked “most inclusive” in terms of content dedicated to race.
Networking and Involvement Opportunities
Access to Professional Resources in the Member Portal
- A Bold Vision Forward: A Framework for the Strategic Imperative for Racial Justice & Decolonization
- Ethical Principles and Standards
- ACPA/NASPA Professional Competencies
- ASK Standards (assessment)
- Global Diversity & Inclusion Benchmarks
- ACPA Generativity Project Videos
Individual Membership Rates
ACPA Individual Membership rates include the benefits listed above and digital access to the Journal of College Student Development and About Campus. An additional $21 will be added to those who prefer printed & mailed copies instead.
ACPA membership is neither transferable nor refundable. All rates are in U.S. Dollars.
for professional staff at an Institutional Member college or university, or a full-time faculty member at any institution
Not sure if your current employer is an Institutional member? Find out here!
for professional staff at a non-member Institution
for graduate students pursuing a masters degree and not employed full-time. If you are a full-time employee, please become an Individual member as a professional.
for graduate students pursuing a doctoral degree and not employed full-time. If you are a full-time employee, please become an Individual member as a professional.
Join as a Student Member
for undergraduate students who are not employed full-time. If you are a full-time employee at your institution, please become an Individual member as a professional.
Interested in paying by check? Fill out the form and mail your check (made payable to ACPA) to us at:
American College Personnel Association, c/o PNC Bank, P.O. Box 645851, Pittsburgh, PA 15264-5256
Already an ACPA member and need to renew your membership?
Log into the ACPA Member Portal to renew and update us on any recent changes!